CHAPTER I : The Beginning
A) My First Commit
B) The moment when magic began "$sudo git add ."
After I did "my first commit" in the software development world, it was the year 2020, the pandemic arrived, I finished all the subjects and credits in my school, It's important to mention that I studied geophysical engineering so that's why I want to post my history. I was looking for a job as a geophysicist, I was trying to get experience in Geotechnics. The reality punched me in the face and It was almost impossible to get a job only by having my engineer degree almost finished, so I decided to start to think in some ways so I can improve my CV and the skills that could take me to earn money.
I started to study for an exam so I can be accepted in a Geotechnics specialty and also I was trying to solve real problems in the civil engineering. I was trying to create from scratch with the tools at my disposal a topographic profile by using my cellphone, my computer and a Software called ArcGIS with AutoCAD and Global Mapper. I started to be so interested in the Software stuff specially ArcGIS and I decided to learn more and more about this topic. I didn't want to install nothing else, so I started to review my Octave notes, programs and exercises and I realized that Python was installed by default on my PC with ArcGIS, So that was the moment when I decided to begin this amazing journey.
C) The push.
The moment arrived, I decided to study programming, I started by reviewing my notes made when I was in the university, Octave, C++ and HTML were the basics that I checked, It took me 1 month to practice Octave with all the necessary to get all the knowledge in that language. After that month reading PDF files and practicing everyday I moved on to a different language: Python.
I started with Python and the integrated shell that ArcGIS has, I wrote easy programs and solved math problems, but in a way to had a real learning. I studied at the beginning and then without any help I solved issues. At that moment I noticed that I can do it, I could make programs, with some effort I could try to achieve something important in my life by coding. I continued studying and I checked the jobs where you can develop software, I learnt the basics of SQL and some basic topics in the computer sciences.
D)The merge by Junior aka Nelson.
So everything was set, I updated my CV, I had the basic knowledge to apply for a developer's job, and I had the plan to change my location to a different city. The plan was made and I sent 6 CVs to apply for a job and I got 6 interviews immediately. Something very surprising for me due to the lack of interviews that I had had, I had maximum 3 interviews in 1 year, as a developer I had 6 interviews in 1 day.
That event was so amusing and I started to realize that indeed I could work as a developer, but also there was so much that I should learn. The most important day was when Javi called me for an interview, he explained to me the position and in that moment he sent me an exam. He told me you don't have to be stressed, take your time, send it to me when it's done and we will check it right now.
I didn't feel with pressure because I hadn't nothing to lose, I mean there wasn't that sense of failure and to my surprise even I answer the exam a little bit quickly than usual, I didn't feel with the anxiety to fail, actually I only answered 4 of 5 questions and I answered them with the basics, I mean with the least effort possible.
When I finished, I met Junior the programmer in charge, he checked the exam and he said, indeed you know the basics probably we had to correct something while you are here, but you are accepted to work with us, you can travel to Guadalajara so you can visit the company. Welcome to LGT!








Comentarios
Publicar un comentario